About Me

My photo
I love life to it's fullest.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

32 years ago 1978, my horse took me under tree.

Smashed forehead on branch and back of head when I hit ground

After 6 weeks came out of the coma , paralyzed on right side of body.

Had to relearn to walk, talk, dress myself, everything that I use to take for granted.
Amazing journey and meet the most wonderful people. Can look at this with no bad feeling cause I got most of my faculties back. A lot of us don’t.

Thank my ex-husband the most cause he made me do everything myself and that is how I regained my confidence back so I could leave him.

The BIC wasn’t around in those day so I had no one to talk to. Nobody understands head trauma unless it has happened to you and just pray it never does.

About 10 years after I meet Dave Stork and he got a lot of us together so that his daughter wasn’t alone after she had a BI.

We started the Brain Injury Support Group and look what it was grown into.

Just want to tell you all to be careful and be aware of the things around you, because you never know when something will completely change your life

3 comments:

  1. Lee, I love what yuo wrote, yuo said it perfect. I am so glad yuo are my frend. Yes we so kno what it is like to be us. hard, tuff stugel but we are making it. love linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee grat jov yuo said it all so true Yes we so know what we go thru I hapy i have yuo love linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee, This is a grat blog!! yuo did a super job.. Yes yuo & me know what it is & i so wish I didn't be in this world I wish it was stil the normie one for me.... but we both know that not posibel , I so wish us the best.


    love linda

    ReplyDelete